Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ah, to Sleep!

Have you missed me?

Well, given this horrible weather around Richmond, I've been taking part in the time-honored tradition of napping, one of God's gifts to us all.

Now, I know that many of you Puritan types think that naps are just sinful, a waste of precious time, when so many more important things could be accomplished. I'm sorry you feel this way because you are missing a very important part of the day -- that relaxed, drowsy, lazy period that should be savored to its fullest! Felines natually particpate in this healthy habit (our version of meditation), but perhaps you humans could learn from us on this one.

Hem had this part right, too. The guy knew the value of a good snooze and he sometimes slept on the second floor of his writing studio in Key West -- because it just felt so good to take a little shut-eye in the afternoon. Then, after a drink or two when he woke and wrote some more, he couldn't quite balance his way back across the catwalk to the mainhouse -- and had to stay the night. . . where he slept happily, I might add.

So -- time for me to move on to my ELEVENTH nap of the day, folks. Ta ta!

"I love to sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
Ernest Hemingway

Coming soon: two more S-related topics. . . .

2 comments:

  1. "I love to sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
    LOVE THIS QUOTE....I soooooo get it, today. How timely! Once again, my heart has been spoken to on a deeper level than I can express. I have just returned from an emotional family event. I LOVE YOU!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you in spirit as you travel home -- and know you'll be happy in sleep in your own bed! Lots of love until I see you, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete