Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Ladies' Man?

Why are Hem and I so successful with the ladies? Are you kidding? What's not to love?!

We are handsome -- perfectly fur-covered, soft to the touch, pliant, and most importantly affectionate. So many men waste their time donning a cool look and attitude. Sure, that attracts some women, for awhile, but only until the women realize that's all there is, no more. Women need more than a tall, skinny, good-looking form. They want LIFE! They want real action, real humor, genuine feeling, something they understand -- not more of the silence and distance of the "cool" guy or the good-girl upbringing.

Take F. Scott, for example. Beautiful guy, but aloof, hard to know, a mystery that didn't last. Cool guys like James Dean do look nice at a party or on screen, but in real life they just wear women out.

And what else do Hem and I do? We listen. Sure, I roar and I purr, but I spend more time just looking at my lady and listening to what she has to say. That's a rare gift in these noisy times: to have someone give full attention and listen not just to the words but to the sentiment. There's nothing sexier to a woman than a sympathetic ear, let me tell you.

I've always practiced that, but ever since Tess brought me home from the SPCA, I have been here for her. I don't wait for her to need me either. I jump right up and go to her first. I sit and look into her eyes when she talks. And I can feel her gratitude, for the true man that I am, every single time.

And that's why Hem and I are never without a welcoming home, a warm bed, a woman's arms.

As Hem once said, "I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."

4 comments:

  1. We could all learn much from you, both! We need to listen more...well, at least I do!

    Great post...once again, you make me think beyond the written word!

    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know WHY it doesn't show me following you, but I am.

    Whoa, Joe! This is an awesome write ... I want that cat ... maybe he can teach some lessons while I just sit & enjoy his magic & attention.

    Fabulous write, my friend ... you do it with such beauty.

    Have a lovely summer's ever ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. came from Andrea's blog....great to meet you. I've been praying for you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your 'take' on James Dean!! A listening cat is always great company- I'm glad you appreciate the importance of what you are doing- many people don't!

    ReplyDelete